Knoblauchhaus

Knoblauchhaus

Knoblauchhaus is the house-museum that survived to our days as it appeared after the reconstruction done by the founder of Knoblauch family in 1759. The family had owned the house until the Nazis came to power. The house was a very popular meeting place of Berlin. At different times it was visited by the playwright Gotthold Lessing, Humboldts brothers, architect Karl Friedrich Schinkel, sculptor Christian Daniel Rauch and many others. The Knoblauch were the famous philanthropists, with their support the synagogue on Oranienburgstrasse and the hospital were built. Constant exposition of the house-museum includes the old traditions of the Knoblauch family that reflects the household traditions of Germany of the end of the XIX and beginning of the XX century.

Address: Poststraße 23
Opening hours: Tue - Sun 10 am - 6 pm, Mon closed
How to reach: Klosterstraße U2; Alexanderplatz U2, U5, U8, S5, S7, S75
Coordinates: 52.516482, 13.406828