Academy of Arts

Akademie der Künste

The Academy was founded back in 1696 by the order of King Friedrich III. At that time it was an academic arts institution. At the beginning of the XX century the academy was accommodated in the palace on Paris Square but the building was destroyed during the Second World War. After division of the city onto West and East Berlin, each part established its own Academy of Arts. The academies were united in 2005. At the same time the new glass building was erected for the academy symbolizing purity and transparency of arts for everyone.

Address: Pariser Platz 4
Opening hours: daily 10 am – 10 pm
How to reach: Brandenburger Tor S1, S2, S25
Coordinates: 52.515865, 13.379534