Reichstag building is one of the few landmarks that bears "graffiti" which possesses as much historical value as the building itself. Most of it was done by the Soviet soldiers who on 30 April 1945 set up the red flag in the crown of the sculpture of victory goddess symbolizing the capture of Berlin. In 2002 Bundestag (Germany’s Parliament) considered the issue of removing the "graffiti" from the walls but such decision was declined by a majority vote. The large glass dome at the very top of the Reichstag has a breath-taking view of the surrounding Berlin cityscape and also offers the possibility to observe the work of the Parliament which takes place below. The original building was completed in 1894 and was designed by Paul Wallot. The building caught fire in 1933, under circumstances still not entirely known and was officially reopened in 1999 after reconstruction. The reconstruction concept was designed by Norman Foster.

Address: Platz der Republik 1
Opening hours: daily 8 am – 12 am (last tour starts at 10 pm)
The dome is open to visitors by prior registration at Bundestag website, at least two days prior to the visit.
How to reach: Bundestag U55; Branderburger Tor S1, S2, S25
Coordinates: 52.518627, 13.375274